Medical and biomedical sciences, pharmacy, allied health, nursing, health, and fitness are just a few of the specializations in which courses in medicine are offered. Students taking a course in medicine and health sciences are expected to understand and uphold the Hippocratic Oath, which states that a medical practitioner must practice the arts and sciences of medicine honestly in all areas, including patient care, teaching, and research. Medical and health science graduates will find employment prospects in hospitals and private clinics in the healthcare industry. Graduates in the medical and health sciences can also find employment in research facilities, labs, and the pharmaceutical industry.
MBBS, BDS, BPharm, BSc in Nursing, Public Health, Bachelor in Optometry, and other specializations are among the courses provided under the heading of "Medical and Health Science." One needs to specialize by studying post-graduate and research degrees in medicine in order to be successful in the medical and health sciences profession.
The healthcare sector is broad and has many facets. It includes subsectors such as hospitals, medical devices, clinical practices, telecommunications and IT for the medical industry, medical tourism, and health insurance.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS & Other Medical Courses:
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core subjects from a recognized board.
- NEET Exam- Candidates who are appearing for the class 12 or equivalent exam are also eligible to apply for NEET 2020.
- The 12th percentage required for NEET 2020 is separate for each category and can be listed as under. NEET eligibility marks in12th to be considered are aggregate marks only for PCB subjects
Skills in Medicine & Health Sciences
To excel in the field of medicine and health sciences, each practitioner needs to possess the following skill sets:
List of Recommended Colleges (INDIA)
- Working in a demanding and dynamic setting
- commitment to professional obligations and medical ethics
- want to study new information and research
- scientific advancement and research abilities
- interpersonal and communication abilities
- excellent recall and promptness
- Counseling and nurturing abilities
- Ability to be approachable and sympathetic
- Writing for the medical field
- Perseverance and patience
● KPC Medical College and Hospital, Jadavpur, West Bengal
● IQ City Medical College, Durgapur, West Bengal
● ICARE Institute of Medical Science and Research, Haldi, West Bengal
● Shri Ramkrishna Institute of Medical Sciences (SANAKA), Durgapur, West Bengal
● Jagannath Gupta Institute of Medical Sciences & Hospital, Budge Budge, West Bengal
● Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Manipal
● M.S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bengaluru
● Dr. Chandramma Dayananda Sagar Institute of Medical Education & Research Centre, Bengaluru
● Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar
● Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar
● Oxford Medical College, Bengaluru
● Sri Siddhartha Medical College (SSMC), Bengaluru
● Rajarajeswari Dental College, Bengaluru
● B.R Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore
● Santosh Medical College, Uttar Pradesh
Leading Recruiters in the Medical & Health Sciences
Hospitals, medical research facilities, pharmaceutical companies, and other organizations are the main employers of graduates in the medical and health sciences fields. After receiving a license from their regulatory authority, a person with a degree in medical or health sciences may also practice from their own clinic:
For more information contact: Unicorn Edu Solutions
Read more at Medical Degree